Question #2: Why do you think Paterson had Leslie die in the book? Do you think the book would have been as powerful if Leslie didn't die?
Or something like that....
I think that Paterson had Leslie die in the book because without Leslie dying, it would not really give a powerful feeling to how Jess learns how to deal with things and I cannot think of another climax that would fit this story right. Also it wouldn't have much of an effect if someone else like May Belle dies or something. I think it would'nt be as powerful if Leslie didnt die because Jess was become too dependent on Leslie, even though she was teaching him stuff. Also I think this story needs a major, sudden climax because there is no rising action in the book.
Abdul, I want you to try to elaborate on your ideas to make your posts longer and more thought-provoking.
ReplyDelete